Thursday, April 21, 2011

Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge 2011

Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge

Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge
hosted by The Book Vixen
Details:
  • Runs January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011 (books read prior to 1/1/11 do not count towards the challenge). You can join at anytime. You can sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
  • The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2011 than you did in 2010. See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.
  • Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are fine.
Levels:
Getting my heart rate up – Read 1–5 more books     
Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books      
Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books  
I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books

I want to read 100 books this year.  Last year I read 93, so that means I have to be "out of breath" and read 7 more books than I did last year.  I think I can!  I think I can! 

Total so far (thru 12/19/11): 128 books read
*Updated 8/14/11 -- I'm not going to have any problem getting to 100 books, so my new goal is to read one more than my best reading year ever.  In 2008, I read 127 books, so I'm going to try to best it by one and read 128 books and to do that, I need to be "on fire"!
*Updated 12/19/11 -- Woo hoo!  I made my goal.  There are still about ten days left in the month, so I should be able to read a few more books.  I think I should get past 130 no problem!  Yay me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment