Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wendy the Super Librarian's TBR Challenge 2012

I'm going to do this one again this year.  The challenge details are found here on Wendy the Super Librarian's Blog.
The themes are optional, so if I have a book that fits great, but I'm not going to stress about it if I don't because it's really about getting rid of books from the TBR pile (mountain).

January 18 - Category romance 
First month and I'm already taking advantage of the theme being optional.  I don't read Category romance, so I don't own any and the point is to read books from the TBR, so I'm going to pick a book that's been on the TBR for awhile. 
Dark Lover by J. R. Ward

February 15 - Recommended Read (something recommended by a fellow reader)
The Help by Kathryn Stockett

March 21 - Series Catch-Up (pick a book from a series you're behind on)
Lover Eternal by J. R. Ward
Lover Awakened by J. R. Ward
Changeless by Gail Carriger
Blameless by Gail Carriger

April 18 - New-To-You Author
Assassin's Honor by Monica Burns

May 16 - Old School (Publication date prior to 2000 - that's over 10 years ago now! Yikes!)
Everyday, Average Jones by Suzanne Brockmann

June 20 - Western (Contemporary or historical)
Another month of going "theme optional."  I'm not going to read a Western romance this month, so instead I'll repeat the series catch-up theme; that one is always going to fit since I have so many series going! 
Stolen by Kelley Armstrong
All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris
From Dead to Worse by Charlaine Harris

July 18 - How Did This Get Here? (a book you can't remember how/why you put in your TBR!) 
Eland by Allyson James

August 15 - Steamy reads (Erotic romance, erotica, something spicy!)
Four Play by Maya Banks

September 19 - Other genre besides romance
Going "theme optional" again and back to my stand-by series catch-up theme, cos as usual it is needed!
Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Rio by Allyson James
Calder by Allyson James
Braden by Allyson James

October 17 - Paranormal or romantic suspense
First Grave on the Right by Darynda Jones
Shadow of Night by Deborah Harkness
Haunted by Kelley Armstrong
Open Season by Linda Howard

November 21 - All About The Hype (a book that created such chatter that it was inescapable).
Well, I still couldn't bring myself to read Fifty Shades of Grey, so I'm going to count completing a series (The Inn Boonboro Series) this months:
The Next Always by Nora Roberts
The Last Boyfriend by Nora Roberts
The Perfect Hope by Nora Roberts

December 19 - Holiday themes (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentine's Day, it's all good!)
A Christmas Seduction by Cathy Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment